What to Know About Used Cars in St. Peters
October 3, 2016
To be certain that you are not only getting a great deal on a pre-owned vehicle, you need to be sure that the used cars in St. Peters are in good shape and will give you many more miles of reliable transportation. Many people find it helpful to have a friend accompany you to the auto dealer as an unbiased party who can look at the whole picture objectively.
- Look closely at the overall exterior of the pre-owned Toyota cars for sale. Check for dings and dents, paint touch-ups that may signal a previous accident, areas of rust and wear.
- Observe the dipstick from the oil reservoir. The oil should be clear and clean, at the correct level and the area around it clean of oil spatter.
- If possible, check the undercarriage of the vehicle in question. Again, look for rust and dents and any place that doesn’t appear quite right.
- Find out why the car was sold by the previous owner. If there was an issue, has it been corrected?
- Obtain the Carfax report or vehicle history to learn about possible prior issues with car.
- If you can, allow your personal mechanic or a friend knowledgeable about vehicles to provide an inspection of the car.
- Closely follow your budget.
- Take the car for a test drive to see how it handles in the city and in a variety of road conditions.
Find great variety with used cars in St. Peters, all price ranges and financing for every credit situation at 5 Star Auto Plaza. Call us today at (636)940-7600.