What to Consider When Buying a Used Car
August 21, 2014
Shopping for a used car can be a daunting task. You know that you need a vehicle and you may know what kind of features you are interested in but with thousands available from an incredible number of sources, the choices on hand can be overwhelming. 5 Star Auto Plaza can be your “one stop shop” for the purchase of a pre-owned vehicle. We have been in the used car business since 1997 and know how to assist you with finding the perfect make and model from our vast selection of used cars in O’Fallon.
Before embarking on a used car search, it is helpful to think about the following considerations:
- What kind of vehicle do I want or need? Car, SUV, truck, van?
- What purpose will it serve? Simple transportation to and from work, extensive travel, highway or city driving?
- What is my budget? Is it realistic? What will insurance cost?
- Will I pay cash or finance with a down payment?
- Do I need or want a manual or automatic transmission?
- What kind of mileage is acceptable? Does the vehicle need to be fuel efficient?
- Is a warranty available?
Unless you are a car expert, it is beneficial to bring a knowledgeable friend with you to look for a pre-owned vehicle. This person can likely be more objective about your purchase than you are able to be.
To begin your pre-owned vehicle search, visit our lot at 5 Star Auto Plaza or call us about our used cars in O’Fallon at (636) 940-7600. We look forward to working with you.