Used Cars in Wentzville for Every Buyer
August 8, 2016
Looking for and purchasing used cars in Wentzville can be a relatively simple process if you know what you are doing and come prepared to the dealership. Bringing a friend with some knowledge of vehicles with you can’t hurt either.
When you find a car that meets your requirements for reliable transportation and it is also within your budget, follow these tips:
- Examine the exterior of the vehicle you want to buy. Are there any spots of rust or areas of paint that have touched-up paint?
- Check the oil. The level should be correct and the oil should be clean.
- See if it is possible to put the car on the mechanic’s bay lift for a closer look at the undercarriage.
- Obtain the Carfax report on the vehicle to examine its history. Has it had required maintenance performed? Has it been in a crash or been flooded? Have there been any components that have been recalled and if so, did the owner follow up on the recall?
- If possible, have a mechanic of your choosing examine the car, inside and out, so that you have an opinion on which you can rely as to the serviceability of the auto.
- Decide how to pay for your purchase. Ask if it is a possibility to apply for auto loans with medical debt if this applies to you.
- It is important to take a test drive on different types of roads and even in the rain, if you are able.
There are hundreds of options for used cars in Wentzville at 5 Star Auto Plaza. Call us today at (636)940-7600.