How to Talk to the Auto Dealer in St. Charles
September 13, 2017
Buying a vehicle, whether new or used, while exciting, can also be rather intimidating. After all, you will likely not purchase a car very often during your lifetime. However, a sales pro at a dealership negotiates auto sales every day and has experience in settling a deal that benefits the auto dealer in St. Charles.
It helps to be prepared when you actually shop at the dealership. Here are a few statements that the salesperson may make and the best ways for you to respond to be certain that you are treated equitably:
- We guarantee that we can give you the most for your trade-in. Thank you. We can discuss that after settling on the price for the car I want.
- Auto prep fees are standard and ensure that your car is ready to purchase. I’d like to see the dealer invoice for a detailed list of prep fees. Can we negotiate some of these prices?
- How much can you afford to pay each month? I would rather discuss that after we settle on the best price you can give me for this car.
- Let me show you all the extras you can get with this vehicle. It will only add a little to your monthly payment. No, thanks. I’m not interested.
- We have the lowest financing rates around. Do you offer financing with any credit score? Let’s talk.
- This is the best I can do on the price of this car. It’s already been marked down as much as we can allow. Well, this price exceeds the fair price I expect to pay for the car.
Speak with an experienced member of the sales team at 5 Star Auto Plaza by calling (636)940-7600. We are proud to be a premium auto dealer in St. Charles and the surrounding St. Louis area.