How to Find Good Credit Auto Loans in St. Louis
December 7, 2021
Don’t waste any more time looking for good credit auto loans in St. Louis. At 5 Star Auto Plaza, we offer affordable vehicles for sale and we will work hard for you to make your auto loan process as hassle-free as possible.
Did you know, having a good credit score grants you higher negotiating power when you’re looking to finalize a car loan? If you’re not familiar with what you can negotiate, you might end up settling for a typical loan term and end up paying more than you need to.
Auto Loan Factors to Negotiate With a Good Credit
- If you have a good credit score, a lower down payment should be one of the first things you should negotiate.
- The most important thing to negotiate when you’ve got a good credit score are the interest rate and the annual percentage rate (APR).
- A good credit score can also help you reduce the monthly payment. Just be wary of a higher interest rate or overall cost of the loan.
- Negotiating the loan term is also a good strategy for good and bad credit folks alike. A longer-term period might seem more sensible with lower installments, but it may also mean a higher total cost. At the same time, a short-term period could reduce the total cost and get you loan-free faster.
- Ask the dealer about the penalty on the prepayment of the loan. If your credit score is good, you might also negotiate and bring the penalty down.
Doing your research on popular pre-owned cars in the market, getting pre-evaluated, or visiting local dealerships can also help you get better deals. It can help you budget better, as well as give you more options to choose from.