Follow These Used Car Tips Buying with Poor Credit in St. Louis
March 27, 2018
You do not have to spend all your savings when buying a pre-owned vehicle. Financing is always an option, even with substandard credit. Here are a few used car tips buying with poor credit in St. Louis to help you in the journey:
- An auto that is at least a year old is a great deal since it depreciates the most during the first year of ownership.
- In general, to save even more money, choose a car with a smaller engine, manual transmission and one that uses gas rather than diesel.
- Buying at the end of the month or the end of the year can net you some dealer incentives on Fords and pre-owned Jeeps for sale.
- Make a checklist to determine the type of vehicle that will meet your specific needs.
- When deciding on a make and model, take upfront costs and ongoing costs into your budget.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate with the sales person at the dealer. Use some online research in your favor to get the best price.
- Inspect your chosen vehicle carefully and completely. Having a friend with you who knows cars can help you determine if something is wrong.
- Find a reputable dealer. Ask around for recommendations and check reviews online.
- Do you really need the “extras” offered with the vehicle? Check to see which ones will cost you and which ones are free.
- Look over all the documentation associated with the vehicle, including servicing records, manuals, financing package and the sales contract.
- Know your rights associated with purchasing the car. You do have recourse if you purchase a lemon, although this happens only rarely.
Visit 5 Star Auto Plaza today to browse our extensive inventory and make use of these used car tips buying with poor credit in St. Louis. Call us at (636) 940-7600.