Checklist for Buying a Pre-Owned Vehicle
September 24, 2014
If you have been searching for a used vehicle for awhile, you know that the process can seem somewhat overwhelming. There are so many to choose from with so many different features and its hard to determine where to start. 5 Star Auto Plaza has a wide assortment of used cars in St. Peters in all shapes and sizes and in every price range to meet all of the “must haves” on your long list of requirements.
There are quite a few things to consider when you finally find just the perfect used car that you simply have to have. It is important to look over the following items:
- The vehicle exterior – Examine the paint for fading, touch-up work, rust, dents and scratches. See if the chassis appears to have suffered damage at some point.
- The door frames, underneath the auto and under the hood for possible rust.
- The odometer – Make sure that the current mileage is something you can live with. Just because there are a lot of miles registered, it does not mean that there is not of life left in the vehicle. Cars are lasting longer and longer in spite of extensive mileage.
- The engine – The engine should not be too clean (possible evidence of hiding a leak) or too dirty (sign of neglect). Check the oil and other fluid levels and for the appropriate color. Drive the car to listen for unusual noises.
- Vehicle history – This lets you know if the vehicle was in a crash previously.
Call 5 Star Auto Plaza today at (636) 940-7600 to view our extensive inventory of used cars in St. Peters. We offer quality used vehicles at astonishing prices.