Auto Dealer in Lake St. Louis
February 3, 2015
When researching the purchase of a pre-owned versus a brand-new vehicle, there are several important factors worth consideration. Your auto dealer in Lake St. Louis can also provide valuable information to help you in your decision.
The many and varied advantages of buying a used car include:
- Depreciation – A new auto loses significant value as soon as it is driven off the car lot. On the other hand, a used vehicle has already experienced much of its depreciation by the previous owner(s). Remember that a used car still depreciates, but at a much slower rate.
- Assorted costs at purchase – New vehicles are considerably more expensive than used ones. Buying a truck, car or one owner SUV for sale will cost you less at the beginning and you will even have the option of paying cash.
- Insurance – Newer cars require more insurance, and therefore, more money. You can also save buying used with a less costly registration and tag.
- Car inspection – A used vehicle is carefully examined by the dealership that acquires it. This reduces the risk of an operating problem in the future.
- Guarantee – Many used cars today come with a warranty, although this is sometimes not an option. This will depend both on the dealer and the age and condition of the vehicle.
- Choice – There are virtually countless pre-owned cars on the market with any number of features that would not necessarily be affordable when purchasing a brand new car.
For assistance in acquiring a used yet reliable vehicle, contact the auto dealer in Lake St. Louis with the experience and expertise you need. Call 5 Star Auto Plaza at (636) 940-7600.