7 Tips for Finding the Best Used Cars in O’Fallon
July 16, 2015
Ask virtually anyone and they will likely say that finding and purchasing a pre-owned vehicle is not on his or her top ten list of favorite things to do. This is typically the result of an overwhelming selection in a wide variety of price ranges and high pressure sales tactics from sales people pushing used cars in O’Fallon.
However, if you are prepared, buying a used auto can actually be a pleasant experience while saving you money at the same time. Financing is often available for all credit histories, even car loans with defaulted credit.
Here are 7 excellent tips to follow to ensure that you come away from a dealer with a great used car and an even greater deal.
- Determine your budget. Decide what you can actually afford to spend; ideally this is less than 20% of your income. Using an online payment calculator can help you stay on track in this area.
- Save your money by purchasing an auto that is not at the top of the popularity list. Different manufacturers offer basically the same vehicle under a different name. Pick your top 3 choices.
- Look online at Edmonds or another source to locate the true market value (TMV) of your selections. Read customer reviews of each one.
- Check the vehicle history report with the auto’s VIN.
- Test drive and examine the service records.
- Get a thorough inspection by a mechanic or other knowledgeable person.
- Negotiate a fair price and get it in writing.
Call 5 Star Auto Plaza today at (636)940-7600 to discuss your options for used cars in O’Fallon.