Where To Find The Best Used Cars in St. Louis
October 23, 2018
While purchasing used cars in St. Louis can be a challenging and confusing shopping experience, it does not have to be. If you are prepared to check some items off your pre-owned vehicle-buying checklist, it can be easier than ever. Asking a knowledgeable friend accompany you to the dealership can also help you get the best deal on your next vehicle. Here are some ways to be sure you are making a sound decision:
- Examine the paint on the vehicle. Are there areas that have been touched up that could signal a prior crash, or do you see rust?
- Check the oil. It should be clean and full.
- Ask if the auto can be put on the lift in the mechanic’s bay so you can look at the undercarriage.
- Ask about the previous owner or owners. Why did they sell the car? Have all problems been addressed and corrected? In addition, obtain a copy of the vehicle history report. This document can reveal if the car has been in a crash or if it has been flooded.
- Consider the auto’s maintenance history. Have routine maintenance checks been followed? Have any major parts been replaced?
- Allow your own mechanic to inspect the car to make sure that you know what you need to about it.
- Decide how you will pay for the vehicle. Will you be paying cash, or do you need auto financing after repossession?
- Test driving is very important. Drive in the city, on country roads and the interstate, and in as many weather conditions as you can.
No matter what, you will see that doing a little bit of homework will pay off as you shop for a used car. For the greatest variety in make, model and price of used cars in St. Louis, shop at 5 Star Auto Plaza. Call us at (636) 940-7600.